Are your business finances a mess? Avoiding a shoebox of receipts that you just KNOW is going to come back to haunt you in April 2018? Don’t worry, you’re not alone!
A recent survey conducted by Intuit QuickBooks found that the number one stressor for Canadian small business owners is their finances. The good news is that it doesn’t have to feel this way. Finance can be fun!
Take the first step towards financial fearlessness and join us for a full-day hands-on workshop with Ernst & Young Chartered Professional Accountant and small business owner, Lisa Zamparo.
In this workshop you’ll learn her process, designed for women business owners, to get your receipts out of the shoebox and into an accounting system. It’s easy to implement and takes less than an hour a week! She’ll also show you how to interpret the end results - your financial statements - so that you can feel confident talking to your accountant at tax time.
Since the best way to learn is by doing, there’s lot of time for you to get sh*t done. Process your business expenses, catch up on invoicing, and finally know how your business is doing profit-wise. All with an accountant by your side.
Run into a tech problem? No need to call tech support cuz who has time for that?! Lisa is an expert in Xero, Quickbooks, Freshbooks and Wave, and can help you right there on the spot.
Enjoy a gourmet pizza lunch courtesy of Panago Pizza and end the day with a glass of bubbly. Let’s make your finances fancy, fearless & fun!
What to expect (AGENDA)
8:30-9:30 *OPTIONAL* Early bird system setup to migrate from Excel to your accounting platform
10:15-10:45 Presentation: Bookkeeping in less than 30 mins a week
10:45-12:45 Tutorial time to get sh*t done
12:45-1:45 Lunch sponsored by Panago Pizza
1:45-2:15 Presentation: How to read your financial statements
2:15-4:15 Tutorial time to get sh*t done
4:15-4:30 Wrap up
4:30 Pop champagne!!!
What will you gain?
- All-day access to a CPA for your accounting and tax questions (value of $100 per hour)
- A proven system to reduce financial fear and keep your books up to date in under 30 minutes a week!
- A day pass at Toronto’s newest coworking space for women, Make Lemonade (value $25/day)
- Preferred rate for Lisa’s 2018 business financial incubator program
- A gourmet pizza lunch and end of day glass of prosecco (value of $20)
- A large dose of peace of mind knowing you’re ready for tax season and the holidays!
Who should attend?
- Freelancers & small biz owners who learn how to effectively track the financial health of their business and meet CRA recordkeeping requirements
- No need to have a Wave / Freshbooks / Xero / Quickbooks account; Lisa can help you pick which one is a good fit for you and get you set up
What you’ll need:
- Your computer
- Paper receipts (and any other financial records) that need to be processed
- Access to online banking for your business accounts
What does Lisa bring?
Hi, I’m Lisa! I’m a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) providing money, business and tax advice to freelancers & small businesses. My speciality is helping new entrepreneurs build profitable businesses that support their health, wealth and happiness - which I call “wellth” - and earn their first six-figures of revenue.
Historically, women have not had support and experience in managing our finances. Our lack of confidence can make us procrastinate about money matters - which ends up making the stress even worse! This isn’t because we can’t manage money. We just need to be taught how.
That’s what I’m about: helping women understand the language of finance, develop systems and processes to manage their money, and feel confident and wellthy!