The first of its kind at Make Lemonade, the "Build Your Dream Accelerator Program" is designed to give more women-identified business owners the opportunity to scale their business by removing the financial barrier of office and consultancy fees.
This program is designed for women who are running their start-up business full-time and are ready to grow. You network, pitch, sell and live your business, but, that stability and mentorship to support your business is what you seek. You want your business to thrive and are looking for guidance to pave the path for successful growth.
Through an application and pitch contest, 10 women will be selected to participate in a 6 month mentorship program. The program will run from September 10th, 2018 to March 15th, 2019.
Does this program speak to you? Read the "nitty gritty" below and apply today!
THE NITTY GRITTY
This 6 month program will give women-identified people a space to operate their business, access one-on-one business coaching, brand strategy, and financial mentorship at no cost, as well as a community to connect with.
SUCCESSFUL RECIPIENTS RECEIVE:
- A Whole Lemon: Fixed Desk membership for 6 months.
- A weekly accountability group to keep projects on track.
- A once a month one-on-one session with a CPA, Business Coach, and Brand Strategist (total 3 hours).
- Check-ins every 6 weeks to track your progress, offer support, and encourage goal achievement.
- A new network of business owners and resources to connect with.
Emily the Owner and President of ThinkHatch and is a Marketing Professional with over a decade of creative agency, media agency and marketing experience for some of the top international brands: MediaCom, Hill+Knowlton, RBC and Rogers Communications. Emily excels at analyzing objectives and developing strategies to professionally manage projects from incubation to execution. Whether it is a global, national or local campaign, Emily uses her diverse industry experience and her love of marketing to market with purpose and personality.
Lisa is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), business coach and personal finance expert in Toronto who helps people make intentional decisions with their money. As a one-on-one coach, her personalized approach to financial planning helps her clients achieve their goals by aligning their spending with their priorities. As an inspirational educator, she leads workshops that infuse mindfulness principles with financial concepts delivered in a fun and approachable style.
Coaching & Growth Strategy
Serial entrepreneur keynote speaker and business coach to growth-oriented SMB entrepreneurs. Katrina's mission in life is to inspire others to create abundance and do good in the world through business. The myriad of services offered through her companies include one-to-one business full-day business coaching sessions and top level marketing consulting. All of Katrina's companies have an aim of helping entrepreneurs grow whole creating sustainable working opportunities for underprivileged groups (primarily women) in the Philippines.
- You identify as a woman and own the majority of your company (51%+).
- You operate your business full time, and are located in Toronto.
- Your business falls into 1 or more industry: Food & hospitality, Creative Arts, Commerce & Technology, Entertainment, Health & Wellbeing, Finance, Law, Education, Media, Pet / Animal, Fashion.
- Your business is incorporated and registered in Ontario.
- Your business has been in operation for at least 6 months.
- You're committed, passionate, and excited about growing your business.
STEP 1 Download the Bumble App (Bumble is one of our partners and helping us spread the word about this program)
STEP 2 Switch to Bizz mode
STEP 3 Swipe 'till you match with the program application. Applications close on August 7th.
All applicants will receive a notice of their application status on August 20th, and the pitch contest will take place on August 28th. Of the 15 who pitch, 10 will be selected to participate in our program. The 5 applicants who did not make it to the final round will receive a significantly reduced rate on our membership options for 6 months. Recipients will be announced on August 30th and the program will run from September 10th, 2018 to March 15th, 2019.
Is your company looking to support women in business? To see our partner benefits, connect with firstname.lastname@example.org today.